The Continuing Medical Education mission at NYU Winthrop Hospital is to:
- Promote life-long learning and all desirable physician attributes expressed in the ACGME core competencies, now universally adopted across the medical education continuum.
- Improve the knowledge, competence and performance of physicians in all represented specialties of medicine and surgery.
- Identify the professional practice gaps of the medical staff that might be addressed through the CME process.
- Design and implement CME activities that present valid content which is unbiased, evidence-based, and free of commercial interest.
- Enhance clinician performance to achieve institutional patient safety and performance improvement goals, as well as individual goals of maintenance of certification and re-licensure.
- Evaluate changes in physician competence and performance as a result of the CME process, using both quantitative and qualitative measures.
By doing so, the CME program mission serves to support the overall mission of NYU Winthrop Hospital and its staff, that is, to enhance the quality of life for all our patients by providing the highest quality patient care and to advance the overall practice of medicine in our community.
CME Calendar of Scheduled Conferences
NYU Winthrop offers a wide range of on-site professional and continuing medical education programs. See our CME Calendars and Brochure to view current accredited and non-accredited professional education program offerings and to register online.
Continuing Professional Education Online Learning Center
We now have an extensive online catalog of accredited (physician CME and nurse contact hours) audio recorded presentations for selected grand rounds including Advances in Medicine, Pediatric Grand Rounds, and the OBGY Visiting Professor Lecture Series. New series and accredited content is added weekly. Sessions are available in On-Demand and Podcast formats for easy listening. All sessions are free. Online learning offers a simple and convenient way to earn credit.
To utilize the online catalog your PC or MAC computer MUST be equipped with 1) an up to date browser, eg. Internet Version 9, Google Chrome or Firefox; and 2) Silverlight software (free download at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx). Go to http://winthrop.inreachce.com/
CME Credit Transcripts
If you have been a registered participant in a CME activity at NYU Winthrop Hospital, you may download a detailed transcript for CME activities from 2018 onward. Transcripts for activities occurring prior to January 2018 can be found here. Credits are archived for a six year period in compliance with ACCME requirements. Just click onto the CME Transcript links and follow the simple instructions to create a unique personal password and download a transcript.