Dr. Nonaillada has been an occupational therapist since 2001, and is 1 of 24 occupational therapists nationally to hold Board Certification in Gerontology from the American Occupational Therapy Association.
She has provided clinical care along the continuum in acute, sub-acute, and outpatient rehabilitation, as well as acute care and oncology settings. She has been an invited speaker and writer on the topic of falls prevention, and has held previous leadership roles in patient safety and quality.
Dr. Nonaillada also has an earned research doctorate in social work with a concentration in gerontology, where she studied the efficacy of geriatrics education for healthcare providers and hospital staff on knowledge, attitudes and communication with older adults, and shared decision-making with older adults with cancer. She is active in many national organizations, serving as a volunteer leader, manuscript and abstract reviewer, and advocate. Dr. Nonaillada joined NYU Winthrop in 2016, where she combined her passion for teaching effective clinical education and promoting scholarly advancement of healthcare providers in the hospital setting.
Appointed Member of Commission on Continued Competence and Professional Development, American Occupational Therapy Association (2016-2019)
1. Nonaillada, Jeannine; Gangai, Natalie C.; Eichner, Chrysanne; and Costas-Muniz, Rosario (2017) “The Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program: Occupational Therapy’s Imperative Role in Interprofessional Education,”The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy: Vol. 5: Iss. 3, Article 9.
Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.15453/2168-6408.1378
2. Nonaillada, J. (2016). The role of physical and occupational therapy in geriatric oncology. The ASCO POST, 7(9), 102-103.
3. Kendig, T., Nonaillada, J., Ramaker, J., & Samuels, F. (2008). Management of a patient with lung metastases requiring prolonged mechanical ventilation (pmv): Rehabilitation and recovery of function. Rehabilitation Oncology, 26(2), 3-14.
4. Chen, CC., Giustino, J. (2007). Grip strength, perceived ability, and health status in
individuals with arthritis: An exploratory study. Occupational Therapy in Health Care, 21(4), 1-18.
1. Scultz-Krohn, W., Birge James, A., & Nonaillada, J. (2017). Continuing Professional Development- How it Fits With Practice. OT Practice, 22(5), 22-24.
2. Nonaillada, J. & Pugh, E. (2016). How occupational therapy practitioners can promote an environment of safety. OT Practice, 21(19), 17-18.
3. Nonaillada, J. (2016). Farewell from the GSIS chairperson. SIS Quarterly Practice Connections. 1(3), 6.
4. Nonaillada, J. (2016). Educating Healthcare Providers and Hospital Staff about Geriatrics and Shared Decision-Making with Older Adult Oncology Patients: Evaluation of an Online Program. ETD Collection for Fordham University. AAI10153610.
5. Nonaillada, J. (2015). Greetings from your Gerontology Special Interest Section (GSIS) chairperson. Gerontology Special Interest Section Quarterly, 38(1), 3.
6. Nonaillada, J. (2013). Welcome from the new chairperson. Gerontology Special Interest Section Quarterly, 36(3), 1.
7. Nonaillada, J. (2008). Comprehensive geriatric evaluations: Is your OT department on board? OT Practice, 13(22), 18-23.
1. Mookerjee, V., Fernandez, M., Archaya, S., Glassman, R., Gonzalez, J., Nonaillada, J., Gangai, N., Korc-Grodzicki, B. (2016). Educational needs of the caregivers of older adults in the South Asian community of Queens. The Gerontologist, 56(suppl. 3), 400.
2. Alexander, K., Nonaillada, J., Gangai, N., Korc-Grodzicki, B. (2016). Educational initiative to promote knowledge of geriatrics syndromes in minority older communities. The Gerontologist, 56(suppl. 3), 235.
3. Nonaillada, J. & Korc-Grodzicki, B. (2016). Get a GRIP on geriatrics education. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 64(suppl.), S45.
1. Nonaillada, J. Falls Prevention for Hospitalized Older Adults: What the Evidence Tells Us and How to make it Happen. American Occupational Therapy Association Specialty Conference: Promoting Health and Wellness in Older Adults: With a Focus on Low Vision, Falls Prevention and Environmental Modifications, December, 2014.