NYU Winthrop Hospital offers a one year Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) Critical Care Pharmacy Residency Program. This program provides the training to the Post-Graduate Year 1 resident to advance and consolidate their knowledge and practice in the field of critical care pharmacotherapy. The resident will be part of the interdisciplinary team, actively participating in providing high-level and evidence-based critical care pharmaceutical therapy to patients. The resident will have their core rotations in medical intensive care, neuro-science intensive care, surgical intensive care, cardiovascular intensive, care and neonatal intensive care where they will develop their clinical skills. The resident will utilize their learned knowledge to optimize patients’ pharmacotherapy, provide pharmacotherapeutic and pharmacokinetic consultation.
Additional rotations include infectious disease, emergency medicine and pediatric intensive care. The resident will have the opportunities to participate in various health system committees, initiatives, projects, and research. Completion of a research project is required. Our program is to prepare the resident to have the knowledge and competency to become a well-rounded Critical Care Pharmacy Practitioner.
The resident may choose from the following rotations for total of 8 weeks:
Pediatric Intensive Care
Repeat any of the core rotations
Longitudinal Pharmacy Practice Requirements
The resident will have the following longitudinal responsibilities:
- Complete a research project which will be presented at local and regional pharmacy conferences along with submission to a national critical care meeting.
- Participate in medication-use evaluation projects.
- PGY-1 pharmacy resident and APPE pharmacy student preceptorship.
- Clinical in-house coverage every other weekend.
- Attend monthly toxicology conference.
- Participate in various hospital-wide committees.
Number of PGY-2 Positions: One
Start Date: July 6, 2021
Application Deadline: January 5, 2021
Benefits: 10 paid time off Days, comprehensive health insurance, sick days, and professional meeting days
Critical Care Pharmacy Residency Eligibility Requirements
Applicants to our Critical Care Pharmacy Residency program must possess a PharmD degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited college or school of pharmacy. You must also have completed a PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency and be licensed or eligible for licensure in New York state.
- All official college transcripts.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three references submitted using the reference form in Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PHORCAS).
- A letter of intent that describes your goals and interests, motivation for completing a PGY-2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency, and why you want to be a part of NYU Langone Winthrop Hospital.
- An on-site interview, if requested, is also required and will be conducted at the applicant’s expense.
Please submit application material through PHORCAS by January 5 2021.
Residency Program Director: Xian Jie Cindy Chen, BS, PharmD, BCPS
ASHP: Pre-accreditation phase