NYU Winthrop Hospital offers a one year postgraduate year two (PGY-2) Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Program. This program provides training to the PGY1 Resident to advance their knowledge and clinical practice in neonatal and pediatric pharmacotherapy. The resident will have the opportunity to be involved with various pediatric interdisciplinary teams, to participate in providing high-level pediatric pharmaceutical care, and apply learned evidence-based recommendations for our patients.
The resident may choose from the following rotations for total of 8 weeks:
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Pediatric Ambulatory Care
Repeat one of the Core Rotations
Longitudinal Pharmacy Practice Requirements
Your longitudinal responsibilities include the following:
- Residents must complete a scholarly research project in pediatric care. We encourage you to choose a topic of interest that contributes to the advancement of pediatric pharmacotherapy. Research project, with results presented at the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPA) Annual Meeting.
- Participate in continuing education efforts of our program, pharmacy department and clinical teams.
- Medication use evaluations and drug monograph reviews.
- Pediatric pharmacy administration and medication safety (i.e., medication incident report follow up).
- Pediatric Antimicrobial Stewardship through Prospect Audit and Feedback.
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring.
- Weekend clinical staffing.
- Opportunity to precept PGY1 Pharmacy Residents and PharmD students. NYU Winthrop Hospital has a PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency with nine residents, a PGY-2 Infectious Disease Resident and a Critical Care Resident.
Number of PGY-2 Positions: One
Start Date: July 6, 2021
Application Deadline: January 5, 2021
Benefits: Comprehensive health insurance, 10 vacation days, and 2 personal days.
Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Eligibility Requirements
Applicants to our PGY-2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency program must possess a PharmD degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)–accredited college or school of pharmacy. You must also have completed a PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency and be licensed or eligible for licensure in New York state.
- All official college transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Participation in the ASHP Residency Match program and Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PHORCAS) is required.
- Three references submitted using the reference form in PhORCAS.
- A personal statement that describes your goals and interests, motivation for completing a PGY-2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency, and why you want to be a part of NYU Winthrop Hospital.
- An on-site interview, if requested, is also required and will be conducted at the applicant’s expense.
Please submit application material through PHORCAS by January 5 2021.
Residency Program Director: Christie Clauss, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS
ASHP: Pre-accreditation phase