At NYU Winthrop’s Breast Health Center, we recognize that patients often need more than just treatment. To help them navigate through the process of fighting breast cancer, we offer various types of counseling and support services to ease their stress and anxiety and provide them with all the resources they may need:
- A licensed Breast Health Center Social Worker will provide you and your family with emotional support, navigate through insurance, financial and other logistical issues and refer you to appropriate wellness programs and local resources.
- Breast Imaging Nurse Navigators and a Breast Health Center Nurse Navigator who help patients move seamlessly through the many diagnostic tests, procedures, physician visits and treatments.
- Genetic counseling and testing which seeks to identify and reduce risk, prevent disease and increase life expectancy among patients.
- Post treatment survivorship summary/program that helps you manage your health in the long-term.
- Referrals to physical and occupational therapy services.
- Lifestyle and support group programs such as survivor support groups, yoga, strength training and nutrition.
Breast Cancer Programs and Support Groups
Our programs and support groups are open to ALL Breast Cancer patients and survivors, not just patients of NYU Winthrop Hospital.