NYU Winthrop Hospital now offers a minimally invasive outpatient procedure for biopsy of lung nodules, lung lesions and certain other lung procedures, utilising iLogic technology.
Also known as Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy® (ENB) ™, the super Dimension i·Logic System extends the reach of the bronchoscope to regions deep in the lung. In patients with peripheral lung lesions difficult to reach with conventional bronchoscopy, electromagnetic navigation guidance is recommended by the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP).
Through proprietary software and electromagnetic technology, the system takes advantage of natural airway access and enables physicians to locate small lung lesions for diagnostic testing and potential treatment.
Electromagnetic Navigation Bronschoscopy enables physicians to diagnose, stage and prepare to treat lung nodules in one procedure and offers the following advantages:
- Accessible to a broad patient population
- Has few complications
- Is the least invasive of the invasive alternatives
- Has the ability to reach the lung periphery
- Has steering capabilities
- Has a high diagnostic success rate
- Provides safe and efficient access to pulmonary nodules for non-operable patients
- Carries a very low risk of pneumothorax
- Provides safe, efficient access to lung nodules in virtually all non-operable patients
- Provides transbronchial access to peripheral nodules