Home Health Care Services and Providers
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island’s certified Home Health Agency provides a comprehensive program to patients across the five boroughs and Long Island. We care about your health and want you to leave the hospital with confidence that you will be able to transition easily once you return home. The home health care services we provide can help you recuperate in familiar surroundings with the support you need.
Intermittent Home Health Care Services
As home health care providers, we offer diverse services for patients with intermittent health care needs, including nursing; physical, speech and occupational therapy; medical social work and various home health aide services. We also provide these disease management programs:
- Joint replacement
- Congestive heart failure
- Asthma management
- Diabetes management
- Wound healing
- Post mastectomy
- Post-partum mood disorder
Extensive Home Health Care Services
NYU Langone Health Home Care provides the following high-quality services:
- Skilled Nursing – Visits are provided on an intermittent basis when necessary to address your specific needs.
- Rehabilitative Services – Registered physical, speech and occupational therapists are available to help you work on restoring function.
- Medical Social Services – Our medical social worker can help you and your family understand social, emotional and personal difficulties related to your recovery.
- Home Health Aides – If you are receiving skilled nursing or physical therapy, you may qualify to receive home health aide services. Aides will provide assistance with personal care and activities of daily living. This service is for a limited number of days and hours per week and is generally short term.
- Medical Supplies and Equipment – Arrangements may be made for rental or purchase of medical supplies and/or equipment needed for home use.
- Intravenous (IV) Therapy Services
- Telehealth – A registered nurse will provide daily remote monitoring of your vital signs—blood pressure, heart rate, weight, blood sugar levels, and pulse oximetry—and coordinate necessary services with your physician. A Registered Nurse will provide daily remote monitoring of your vital signs— blood pressure, heart rate, weight, blood sugar levels and pulse oximetry—and coordinate necessary services with your physician.
- Home Based Supportive Care – Our Palliative Care team has specialized knowledge and experience working with patients who have challenging physical symptoms due to a serious illness. They also work closely and respectfully with our patient’s families on decision-making and care planning as the need increases.
Licensed and Accredited Home Health Agency
Our agency is licensed by the New York State Department of Health, accredited by the Joint Commission and certified to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross programs. NYU Langone Health Home Care also participates in most managed care and HMO programs.