NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island’s Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology is a regional leader in state-of-the-art preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for women of all ages on Long Island. Equally important, we excel in advanced research studies, clinical trials and outstanding medical education.
As a teaching hospital, NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island’s obstetrics and gynecology division attracts extremely qualified medical students from across the country eager to experience the high caliber teaching, research and patient care that takes place daily at our institution.
Our highly skilled and experienced obstetricians and gynecologists, subspecialists, specialized nurses and physician assistants provide patients and their primary care physicians with a wide range of sophisticated services, including access to consistently outstanding patient care.
Services Provided by NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island’s Obstetricians and Gynecologists
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Our generalist gynecologists and obstetricians provide preventive and diagnostic care to women of all ages:
- Obstetrical Services – From prenatal visits and ultrasound scans to labor and delivery in our New Life Center, NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island provides high-caliber specialized services
- Gynecological Services – Low-risk obstetrical care, well-woman preventive exams, adolescent gynecology, benign gynecological surgery, menopause care, colposcopy, LEEP and Cryotherapy, Family planning and contraception, transvaginal and abdominal ultrasound, color Doppler sonography, advanced laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopic surgery, gynecologic oncology consultation service
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island’s board-certified obstetricians specialize in high-risk pregnancy care and provide a comprehensive program for the assessment and care of the high-risk mother and fetus. Consultation and fetal testing are available for:
- Mothers with diabetes, hypertension, and other conditions that may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
- At-risk fetuses for or with conditions such as chromosomal abnormalities, congenital anomalies, growth restriction, fetal anemia
- Women with a history of Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes
Our highly skilled board-certified physicians offer women specialized care for cervical and ovarian cancers
Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
Urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse are common and embarrassing medical problems that affect millions of women of all ages. Our board-certified specialists provide advanced diagnostics and effective treatments for these common problems.
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island’s expert reproductive endocrinologists help women and their partners understand the many causes of infertility or any medical conditions that may be adversely affecting your pregnancy attempts.
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Our gynecologic surgeons are skilled in minimally invasive techniques that provide many benefits for patients such as: smaller incisions or vaginal incisions, less trauma, faster recovery and speedier return to normal activities. Minimally invasive procedures include robotic, laparoscopic, vaginal and mini-laparotomy surgery.
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island offers the only Fetal Surgery program on Long Island. Fetal surgery involves a wide range of surgical techniques used to treat birth defects in fetuses prior to childbirth.