High-Risk Pregnancies are handled by the region’s leading experts at NYU Winthrop Hospital’s renowned Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine on Long Island. We are known for our comprehensive high-risk obstetrics program and technologically advanced facility devoted to the assessment and care of the high-risk mother and fetus.
The Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine has an expert staff of high-risk pregnancy doctors, including board certified perinatologists, perinatal nurses and imaging technologists specializing in obstetrics and gynecology.
NYU Winthrop’s state-of-the-art New Life Center, where more than 5,000 babies are born each year, has specially equipped exam rooms for the observation of patients with high-risk pregnancies as well as an inpatient, high-risk, antepartum unit. Our services are offered 24/7 and include:
Consultation and monitoring
- Pre-existing medical conditions in pregnant women such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and renal disease
- High-risk pregnancies such as preterm labor, pregnancy-induced hypertension, diabetes and multiple gestation
Obstetrical Surveillance Management
- Our maternal fetal medicine specialists diagnose a broad spectrum of fetal conditions, identify problems early and ensure the best possible outcome for mother and infant.
Perinatal Testing Laboratory
- Our high-tech lab has been granted accreditation by American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) in obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound by the Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Commission. Our testing capabilities include:
- Fetal sonography (Level I & II)
- Fetal echocardiography
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Doppler blood flow measurements
- Non-stress testing
- Biophysical profiles
- Chorionic villus sampling
State Designated Regional Perinatal Center
NYU Winthrop Hospital is a New York State Regional Perinatal Center—a prestigious designation that recognizes NYU Winthrop’s commitment to delivering the highest level of obstetrical and perinatal care. One of the many outstanding perinatal services we offer is the detection and treatment of high-risk pregnancies. As a regional center, NYU Winthrop Hospital treats high-risk pregnant mothers and newborns from other hospitals which don’t have our advanced treatment facilities.